The 2022 edition of the definitive Platform 5 guide to all electric multiple units which operate on Britain’s national railway network. British Railways Pocket Book 4: Electric Multiple Units contains a complete list of all EMUs in service with the following details provided for every unit:
- Depot Allocation
The book also includes technical data for every class of EMU and an overview of the structure of Britain’s railways today. Further details of Eurostar units, Network Rail service EMUs, former BR EMUs in industrial service and EMUs awaiting disposal are also provided.
British Railways Pocket Book 4: Electric Multiple Units is divided into nine main sections as follows:
- Early Series 25 kV AC 50 Hz Overhead & Dual Voltage Multiple Units
- 750 V DC Third Rail Multiple Units
- Later Series Dual Voltage & 25 kV AC 50 Hz Overhead Multiple Units
- Hitachi IEP Multiple Units
- Eurostar Units
- Network Rail Service EMUs
- EMU Vehicles in Industrial Service
- EMUs Awaiting Disposal
The book has been completely updated to incorporate all the latest rolling stock changes.