The December 2022 issue of Today’s Railways Europe contains all the latest railway news from mainland Europe, plus our regular features and a selection of interesting and informative articles. Brought to you by our team of informed correspondents based throughout the European continent.
Feature articles this month include:
Diakopto-Kalavryta: A Peloponnese Peculiarity: In the 1890s the Greek government emparked on an ambitious project to connect the interior of the Peleponnese with the coastal Patras-Athina line, and while only part of the route was built it remains in operation to this day. Toma Bacic visits Europe’s only 750mm gauge rack railway.
Rail Centres: Bratislava: The Slovak capital is an international railway crossroads with plenty of cross-border freight and passenger traffic and a huge variety of traction. Quintus Vosman and Keith Barrow explore the city’s diverse railway scene.
French Cereals by Rail: France is the largest cereal producer in the EU and a significant proportion of the harvest is moved by rail. David Haydock profiles this important traffic, which is handled by several operators with a variety of traction.
Vintage Electrics Over the Berninabahn: During 2022 a 107 year-old electric locomotive operated over the Berninabahn for the first time in more than half a century. Toma Bacic tells the story of the Ge 4/4 81 and and its return to Rhatische Bahn metals.
News stories this month include:
- Arriva introduces Dutch domesetic night services
- First EURO 6000 for RENFE Mercancias
- Stockholm-Oslo services more than doubled
- RhB sets record for longest passenger train
- CAF wins RENFE Media Distancia EMU order
- Green Cargo pulls out of Norway
- PKP Intercity and Cargounit order PESA Gama Locomotives
- Netinera to retain Munchen-Praha after appeal
- Hamburg U5 construction underway
- Parcels tram trials in Schwerin
- Praha donates trams to Kharkiv
- Budapest to order more CAF trams
- Pilgrim train season ends
- Madrid-Lisboa journey times reduced
- Intermodal terminal opens near Hungary-Ukraine border
- NBS Fulda-Wurzburg engineering blockade overruns
- New Cargounit Vectrons for Bahnoperator Polska
- Spanish free local rail travel to continue throughout 2023
- Paris-Clermont modernisation plan moves ahead
- First CDG Express trains leave factory
- New Pilatusbahn units enter service
- Dampfloktreffen marks 150 years of Dresden-Altstadt depot
Er zijn nog geen beoordelingen.