The May 2022 issue of Today’s Railways Europe contains all the latest railway news from mainland Europe, plus our regular features and a selection of interesting and informative articles. Brought to you by our team of informed correspondents based throughout the European continent.
Feature articles this month include:
Endangered Species: CD Classes 130 and 242: With the influx of new EMUs and the rollout of the European Train Control System, many older Czech electric locos are under threat of withdrawal. Keith Fender profiles the DC Class 130 Bo-Bos and their AC cousins, the Class 242s, which are now in their final years.
Class 58’s Dutch Adventure: Quintus Vosman tells the story of the ex-British Rail Class 58 diesel-electrics that went on to a brief second career with Dutch freight operator ACTS.
A History of the French Gares Maritimes Part 1: Dunkerque, Calais and Boulogne: Prior to the opening of the Channel Tunnel in 1994, port stations on both sides of the Channel provided efficient links between trains and ferries for travel between the UK and continental Europe. In the first instalment of a two-part article, we chart the rise and fall of the French Gares Maritimes closest to the UK.
Spring in Benelux: After a gloomy winter of bad weather and Covid restrictions, March brought a welcome hint of Spring with excellent photographic conditions across much of Europe. Carlo Hertogs presents a selection of images of freight trains taken in Belgium and the Netherlands.
Rail Centres: Regensburg: Keith Barrow visits the busy Bavarian junction, which sees a wide variety of passenger and freight traffic.
All Roads Lead to Roma: Philip Groves tells the story of the once-extensive narrow gauge network on the Swedish island of Gotland, part of which is now being revived as a heritage line.
News stories this month include:
- Refugee trains move thousands to safety
- Helsinki-St Petersburg services suspended
- European Prime Ministers visit Kyiv by train
- Up to 115 Vectrons for MAV-START
- CD orders 50 230 km/h Vectrons
- Denmark’s first battery trains ordered
- Rail Logistics Europe to acquire Takargo
- Eurostar-Thalys merger approved
- New nine-year contract for SNCF Intercites
- Romanian EMU contract signed
- WESTbahn launches Wien-Munchen services
- Five regional festivals to celebrate 175 years of Swiss railways
- Beograd-Novi Sad modernisation completed
- Bilbao tramway extension opens
- RSI Inzersdorf overhauls night train coaches
- Massive service cuts in Hell?
- DB Cargo Czechia expands Austrian operations
- End of the Re 430
- New Stadler Mont-Blanc train arrives
- First electrically-hauled CP charter
- DB Regio retails Frankfurt-Fulda regional contracts with new trains
- Grimshaw selected to finalise plans for Nyugati station reconstruction
- Second modernised X2000 enters service
- DB introduces through fares to London
- BDZ to receive second refurbished Desiro EMU from Alstom
- Continental Rail EURO 6000s delivered
Er zijn nog geen beoordelingen.