The March 2023 issue of Today’s Railways Europe contains all the latest railway news from mainland Europe, plus our regular features and a selection of interesting and informative articles. Brought to you by our team of informed correspondents based throughout the European continent.
Feature articles this month include:
30 Years of Lok 2000 Part 1: SBB Class Re 460 and BLS Class Re 465: Three decades after their introduction the distinctive Lok 2000 Bo-Bo electrics are still in frontline passenger and freight service in Switzerland, and following extensive modernisation in recent years SBB Class Re 460 and BLS Re 465 look to have a secure long-term future. Keith Barrow charts the history of these stylish machines.
French Loco-Hauled Trains: Catch Them While You Can!: 2023 will see further whittling away of loco-hauled passenger trains on the SNCF network. As David Haydock explains, it is more urgent than ever to catch the older electric loco classes in service while you can!
Smalsparet: Keeping Scandinavia’s Longest Narrow-gauge Railway Alive: The 71 km 891mm gauge line between Hultsfred and Vastervik in southern Sweden is operated and maintained entirely by volunteers. Philip Groves tells the story of this thriving heritage railway.
Street Running on the Chemins de fer du Jura: Andrew Thompson takes to the road to photograph metre-gauge trains running through the streets of La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland.
News stories this month include:
- Le Train chooses Talgo AVRIL for French services
- RENFE aims for Paris
- PoIREGIO to order up to 200 new EMUs
- Eurostar reveals new branding – but no new trains or routes yet
- DSB receives first DB Fernverkehr coaches for Kobenhavn-Hamburg services
- SJ to extend Stockholm-Hamburg sleeper to Berlin
- Ukraine-Romania line reopens
- HLB orders battery trains for Westerwald
- Transformer wagon derails in Slovenia
- Milano metro Line 4 opens
- Salzburg tram-train livery revealed
- New EAV DMUs enter service in Italy
- ISC ceases operations
- Alstom reveals two new trains for Hauts de France
- iLint trial in Centre region
- Rail Cargo Hungaria Bison on test
- National Express to operate entire RRX network
- Austrian Class 1142 soldiers on
- More PESA DMUs for CD
- RCG establishes Serbian subsidiary
- DSB sells final Class MR DMUs
- First Class 2400 EMU delivered to Luxembourg
Er zijn nog geen beoordelingen.