The May 2023 issue of Today’s Railways Europe contains all the latest railway news from mainland Europe, plus our regular features and a selection of interesting and informative articles. Brought to you by our team of informed correspondents based throughout the European continent.
Feature articles this month include:
GM Diesel Survivors in Denmark: Kasper Pedersen surveys the remaining GM-engined diesel locomotives in Denmark and provides an overview of their current duties.
Bulgarian Ludmilla Revival: Soviet-built Co-Cos back in demand: The liberalisation of the rail freight market in Bulgaria has fuelled a rapid revival in the fortunes of the Luhanskteplovoz-built diesel electrics. Konstantin Planinski and Ivo Radoev chart the fall and rise of these rugged machines.
Maybe Pigs Can Fly!: How EMD Flew a Locomotive across the Atlantic: EMD diesel locomotives have dominated the Irish traction scene since the 1960s and the delivery of the first of a new generation of locomotives in 1994 provided a unique opportunity for a remarkable spectacle. Russell Sharp, former Export Locomotive District Sales Manager for EMD tells the story.
IE 201 Class: Three Decades of Irish Rail’s big GMs: Keith Barrow tells the story of Ireland’s most powerful diesel locos, which continue to see use on InterCity and freight duties after nearly 30 years in service.
Metre Gauge in the Wynetal and Suhrental: Often overlooked by enthusiasts, the metre-gauge lines from Aarau to Schoftland and Menziken in northern Switzerland run through attractive scenery and retain some unusual features. Andrew Thompson explores the two routes.
News stories this month include:
- German government to increase rail spending
- 49 Euro Deutschland Ticket launched
- First Regiolis order for CAF
- FlixTrain halts Swedish services
- Major changes to Stuttgart 21 plans
- Norway donates DMUs to Ukraine
- Stadler EuroLight Dual locos from Trenitalia
- Hoek van Holland metro extension opens
- New Tatra-Yug trams in Kyiv
- DSB Vectron to visit Spain for tests with Talgo stock
- DSB to withdraw ex-Oresund EMUs
- Lineas TRAXX return to Lyon
- OBB Celebrates 100 Years
- EURO 9000 on test in Austria
- New Roma-San Candido overnight service
- First trains for LTE Italia
- Dragon 2 deliveries of PKP Cargo
- Karlovac-Metlika line in Croatia closes
- VSOE visits Amsterdam
- Locomotive Services Antwerpen launched
- More EuroDuals arrive in Norway
- Arriva wins Jihomoravsky kraj tender
- ETR.252 on tour with “Bella Italia Express”
Er zijn nog geen beoordelingen.